Every Student Can Be a Winner
The Reading Plus “All-Stars” program is a partnership between Reading Plus, a school or district, and a college or professional sports team to help students in your community get motivated to develop the reading skills they need to achieve academic and career success.
Prepare Students for the Game of Their Life
The “All-Stars” program allows your partner team to have a direct impact on reading improvement of students in your local schools. Teams sponsor their local schools’ participation in Reading Plus, a web-based silent reading program for students in grades 3 through 12. More importantly, the team becomes a fan of each student. Motivational support and incentives go a long way toward helping kids stay on track.
“Reading is everything… and through Reading Plus, the Nets are helping to create strong readers as well as confident individuals.”
Jeff Scott, Brooklyn Nets Community Relations Manager
About Reading Plus
Reading Plus is a silent-reading program that is proven to produce substantial gains in reading efficiency, comprehension, and motivation helping students meet the demands of college and career.
Leading the Play
Former WNBA player Helen Darling has a passion for literacy, and coordinates the “All-Stars” community partnership initiative. As Community and Partnership Manager for Reading Plus, Helen’s mission is to partner with sports leagues to make sustainable improvements in literacy, one school at a time. “We can change the lives of students by changing how and what they read,” she said. “We want the students to know that we believe in education and believe in each of them. We’re all on the same team — this is the key to success.”
Some Past "All-Stars" Program Features:
- Team logo appears on the sponsored school’s login page
- Team logo and verbiage appear on the Reading Plus website with a link to the team’s website
- Attention in our national monthly e-newsletter.
- Each sponsored school receives a banner with the partnership logo
- Team will receive monthly reports on school’s progress with the program
- In-market publicity on the partnership
- Reading Plus will handle logistics, coordination, publicity, implementation, school relations, etc.
For More Information
Contact Helen Darling